"Building the Movement" is a blog designed for EA (effective altruist) movement building.
In this blog, I'll post about ways people inside and outside the EA community can further the goals of effective altruism. So, it doesn't matter if you've been an effective altruist for years, or you don't even know what the movement is- this blog is for you.
I have a background in effective altruism because I currently direct a club at a high school that incorporates EA ideas, and gets students to think both rationally and altruistically. I hope my ideas will help spark the growth of a movement that not only should take off, but needs to take off.
I say this because there are so many major issues arising in the world. Income inequality, crises in Ukraine, Syria, and Venezuela, global warming, and so many more. There are a lot of reasons to be worried, but sadly very few reasons arise to be hopeful.
Effective altruism should be one of them, because it doesn't just seek to do good; it seeks to do the most good.
I would like to welcome everyone to this movement with open arms, and I would also really appreciate any feedback that you may have regarding effective altruism or this blog. To contact me, please send an email to this address. EA is a vast movement, so there is not always ideological uniformity within it, but above all, effective altruists feel that it is necessary to do the most good in everything they do, and that is what I really love about this movement.
So, let's build it!
<3
ReplyDeleteI look forward to hearing more.
ReplyDelete